“Will I become an old virgin, died as an old virgin if I didn’t have a boyfriend a.k.a. fiancé right now?” A sudden thought strike me when I was showering last night. I shuddered when think of this question. Oh well, yes, I did think a lot of things when I showered. Sounds weird, huh!
The possibility is high since the circle of friends is getting smaller and currently, I only met people either from workplace or just an acquaintance. There’s no strong bond between us, unlike the friendship during high school or university. Furthermore, the guys I met now are either having a steady girlfriend or married. A big signboard of ‘UNAVAILABLE BUT SHORT TERM AFFAIR a.k.a FLIRTING IS FINE’ swayed in front of their chest. Alright, not all the guys are thinking like that but minority. So the chances to meet ‘The One’ are slim.
Let’s say 10% to meet the one who have a feeling for you and you have a good impression on him. Then add on another 10% to find the common interest and get along well. Another 10% to find adaptability with each other, communication and patience to make the relationship works. After dating for a few months or perhaps a year, well, another 10% to have the same goals and would want to bring the relationship to a serious relationship. The last 10% is to vow in front of the priest and walked down the aisle. So total added up is 50% to find Mr. Right. If less any 10% abovementioned, then possibility is either waits or died as an old virgin.
It’s getting harder to find a good looking bachelor when grow older. Those left are either have a personality problem or too old. Something must be wrong with them or else how come they didn’t have a girlfriend or married if they have a good condition, means, having a house, car, career and savings. IF they have such a good condition, I think they wouldn’t stand there in complete because all the girls out there are going to grab, snatch and tear them into pieces.
There is a limit to our girls’ youth. We couldn’t wait anymore. Or in a more appropriate way, our youth couldn’t wait us. As we grew old each year, the chances to get marry is getting less and less unless you are a freak - able to maintain the beauty, youth, ‘S’ figure and no wrinkles!
My point is phewww, luckily that I have a steady boyfriend a.k.a. fiancé already. You see, I became more introverted as I grew older plus my current environment and circle of friends; it is very, very, very hard to meet a guy. After work, I would stay at home and watched my soapy drama if there’s no close friends finding me out ‘yum cah’. Seeing my situation, how am I going to meet a guy (if I didn’t have a boyfriend a.k.a. fiancé now)? I am only dating with my drama and books. Oh no!!! I looked like a real nerd now, am I? Since when I have stopped partying and socializing?
No wonder people say the best times is during high school and college/university year to mix and meet new friends while get a boyfriend/girlfriend. See, so many couples are getting married after graduated. And see, all the good guys are taken and unavailable. So imagine the % to meet a good guy when you enter the working society. The first few years of working still might have a chance and high % but that % also get less and less as the time passed.
Then I felt comforted and shrugged off the thought. Because I have a steady boyfriend a.k.a. fiancé. Lolz, I know that I have reminded numerous times that I have a steady boyfriend a.k.a. fiancé! So conclusion is I would not be an old virgin!!
It's a ridiculous thought, I know. ^^
2 comments:
Ei miss. your article so demotivating.. poor us single souls who read it :(
Of course not all think like that luckily. Go google benefits of being single and look at it from another perspective lo.
Oopppss sorry if I had offended you...Is just my personal thought, like I said, a sudden thought that struck me and shrugged off after that.
Of coz different ppl will have different opinion and life. So it doesn't apply to all. =) Cheerss~
Post a Comment