Tuesday, March 22, 2011

- IslaNds HopPing, PhuKet-

Phuket is definitely a perfect getaway as you can find a peace of mind at its other islands as well such as Phi Phi Island, Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Island), Similan Islands, Coral Island, Maya Bay and etc in the Andaman Sea.

Once you walked out the Arrival Hall, the local tours would swarming and beckoning you while trying to sell their packages. Well, the price was actually quite reasonable and they could be bargained. I opted for the Island Hopping and Phi Phi Island which costed me 1800 Baht per person included the snorkelling equipment, return land transfer from/to hotel to/from pier, boat tickets and lunch/drink. Was it cheap? No idea. Should be.


That's our 'Charter Boat'. The boat price is expensive if you choose speedboat to those islands but time-saving. If took ferry, well, it's cheaper of course but wasting time. So with the price I paid was neither speedboat nor ferry, it was the charter boat. Not private but we went in a group of 10 person.


Off we went to the islands.



See the crystal clear sea water? That's where we snorkeled. I had a bad experience here. Sigh. I felt so excited to see the blue, green crystal sea water that I didn't think twice and jump into the water assuming that I was safe with my life-jacket. It was a bad move! I nearly drowned. I didn't know how to swim. Anyway, it's such a long story but I have learned my lesson.




We came to this island where a lot of monkeys staying there. Better be careful with your belongings especially camera when you reached this island. Our tour guide was trying to lure the monkey with bananas so that we could had a closer look at the monkey.



Phi Phi Island - it's a small island. We had our free buffet lunch at the canteen there. Well, since it's free so do not expected that they would served delicious meals. Nothing much to do there, just strolling along the beach, swimming, taking photos and sun-bathing.



We had a stopover at this small island (I forgot the name) for sun-bathing and resting while snorkelling.


No comments: