Friday, March 18, 2011

-PhUket, Thailand (Part 1)-

I would like to post a brief introduction of Phuket, Thailand from my previous vacation there. That was 2 years ago, if not mistaken. Ya, I knew it had been quite a long time.



But the breathtaking picturesque scenery, beautiful blue sky, crystal clear sea water, sandy beach, sea breeze, their local culture and unforgettable memories there, nudged me to post on it. Needless to say, Phuket is well-known for its pretty scenery, spa, and sandy beach. I would say it was really an ideal place to spend your holiday if you are seeking for a relaxed, slow pace holiday and escaped from the hustle bustle city or shopping nightmares, not to mention the lovey-dovey couples on their honeymoon. It was even more fun if goes with a bunch of good friends. The local people are friendly and greeting you along the street, maybe because they are influenced by the foreigners' open minded culture. You won't feel that you are in Thailand because you get to see the foreigners everywhere and every corner...seriously!


Well, there’s a lot of entertainment besides the sandy beach. They have a night life as well – you’ll find a street called Bangla Road where a row of pubs and discos waiting for you. What’s famous in Thailand?? Of course, their temples! If you are not interested in temples, then you can skip that. ‘Wat Chalong’ is one of the temples in Phuket.



That was the Big Buddha - the time I went, it was still under construction so I believed it had completed now. From there, you can have a full view of Phuket town.

Aside from their famous temples, they are famous in another thing as well – that is, their ‘transsexual show’ or whatsoever shows. I went to watch ‘Simon Cabaret’, a transsexual show for the first time and I think it was going to be my last because I found it quite bored except the whooaa and aahhh there, admiring their nice curves and fair skin. Hate to admit but they looked prettier than a real woman. Anyway, it was quite a memorable experience if you are first timer to this kind of show. There are other shows offered but I skipped. Not interested and the entry tickets cost dearly too.


Among all the transsexuals, I think she looks pretty and sweet. The girl standing beside her was a stranger. I didn't know her. I was actually trying to capture the photo of transsexual.... secretly! Because you need to pay 500 Baht, if not wrong, to take photos with them.


See, I looked so tiny and short standing beside them! Did you see that my body was stiff?? Because I was terrified!! Why?? No idea and no reason. I was forced by my dear to take photos with them. *sigh*


The ‘Promthep’ or also known as Phuket Viewpoint has beautiful scenery for photos snapping. You can go in the evening to watch the sunset. Other activities such as sightseeing to Phuket town, shopping and trying out their local food shouldn't be excluded from the itinerary. Their things are cheap and some more can bargain for a good price. Only their street stalls, not in those shopping complexes!


Okay. I should stopped rambling here. I didn't take much photos on food. Blamed on our growling stomaches! Their tom yam, green curry, red curry, papaya salad and fried cashew with prawns or squid were the dishes that you shouldn't miss out!




Coming up next is the one-day trip of island hopping to Phi Phi Island and what what islands.

No comments: