
(My favourite dessert from Cafe Cafe in Sibu, Sarawak - 'Banana Pancake')
Reading blogs had become one of my daily activities. I love reading other people’s blog, from their personal life to travelogue or food. You might think that I acted like a stalker or being a ‘busy body’ checking on other people’s life. Since they blogged, they of course want to share publicly. They knew the blogging games, aren’t they?? So I am not in fault to read and trailed on their latest blog. But frankly, I am a disciplined reader. Definitely I am. I just read and get some knowledge or interest from other people’s experience and their amazing lifestyle.
I was fascinated or should I say impressed with their blogging style, their writing skill and their fun, astounding life. Not to mention, inspired by them and admired their courage to write and upload their personal life photos for sharing to the world – which I still not dared to do so. Internet is definitely not a tool you can trust with today’s technology and skill of hacking, stalking, copy and paste, spamming and etc which might affected your life and privacy.
There were professional bloggers who blog for their paycheck. I, in contrast, just blog for fun and took it as an online-diary (since I had stopped writing diary for years after high school). The act of transferring the thoughts in our mind down through our arms, out through our hands and onto paper or the computer screen is incredibly influential. It can gradually start to sharpen a focus that may have become blurry through the reality of living our lives. Not only can this daily exercise remind us of what we find important and what we want to accomplish, but it can also help us to discover more about ourselves and work through our challenges, providing us a fresh, new start every time we write.
Blogging helped me to find back my passion in learning the words. Telling you one small secret of mine – I was actually reading dictionary. No kidding. I had a great passion in learning new words, new phrases and idioms.
But I sucked at grammar!!! Don’t ask me about the nouns, verbs or adjectives and etc. Till today, I still can’t differentiate them.
Learning new languages whether it is Korean, Japanese, or Thai especially through drama, was another passion of mine. Although not yet mastered the language, but I can understand some common and simple words.
So this simple act of expression - blogging had made me started holding my pen, eh wait, should be typing, to write down my thoughts and also flipping through the dictionary while improving my writing skills and let my brain doing some exercise (after graduated, I stopped writing story or ‘karangan’ – composition, so my vocabulary and grammar had been threw in the trash bin for years. It was the time to retrieve those long lost passion....)
Okay, I still sucked at writing. But please applaud for my willingness to try. ^.^
3 comments:
clap clap clap!!!
thank u thank u~!!! hahaha
you are most welcome!!! i'm not stingy with my 'clap'... if you need more just let me know... haha...
Post a Comment