Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 Basic Habits ..... ~

Today I received a forward mail, telling on how these 9 basic habits will significantly increase the odds of your living long, well and happily, in a robust, healthy and weight-appropriate body.....so I have the responsibility to share it here ~
I would like to analyse whether these 9 habits did complied in my life style or not ......
  • Eat Vegetables. No kidding. Vegetables is a MUST in your everyday servings. We all know that vegetables is good for health, prevent from some diseases or maintain your body weight. (Oh no ~ I am a meat-lover. So I seldom consumed vege except 'Kangkong' and 'Paku-pakis' if you considered those as vege....Now my mum always forced me to eat other green vege and she finds a way to make me eat ------> she make those vege into a blended fruit/vege drinks and I was forcibly gulped down a glass of 'disgust' vege drinks every morning ~ )

  • Eat fish or take fish oil. The Omega-3's found in the fish can lower the risk of heart disease, lower the blood pressure, improve mood and good for the brain~ Does it sound attractive to you?? So if you're pregnant or your wife is pregnant, they may make your kid smarter....no kidding ~!!! (Pheeewww, luckily I did eat fish and taking fish oil too.....so does it mean I am smart???!! Lolz........)

  • Connect. (Oh yes, I did connected all the times...every hour, every minute and every second except sleeping hours....~) No, I am not talking about the internet. What it mean here is the social connections - a prime movers in the life. Let it be church, family, or community, finding something you care about that's bigger than you that you can connect with and that involves other people or animals will extend the life, increase energy and make you HAPPIER. Only Always. (Hmmm, I am poor in social connections. Remember, I am a loner....no wonder I always looked so gloom ...~ )

  • Get some sun. At least 10-15 minutes three times a week. People lived the longest and were the healthiest were from a sunny climates country. Sun improves your mood and boosts level of cancer-fighting, performance-enhancing and bone-strengthening vitamin D. (Whoa, I never know that sun can prevent cancer and improves mood.......Okay, I do went under the sun a lot, i mean everyday....as I am staying in a country where there's no four season to be happy about...~)

  • Sleep well. Guess what - if you are low in energy, gaining weight, grumpy and looking haggard, that's most probably because you're not sleeping long enough nor well enough. By sleeping "well", it mean here is without any interruption - in the dark room, without the television on, and in a very relaxing environment with comfortable bed. So if you have a computer in your room, banish it ~!!! (No wonder I always looked so tired and gain weight ----> that's because I didn't sleep long or well enough !!! I have computer in my room but I don't want to banish it as it brings convenience to me.......Stubborn girl ~!!! I have make myself to go to bed as early as before 12am.....)

  • Exercise everyday. Long lived people are doing things like farm chores at 4.30 in the morning !!! so forget your 20 minutes three times a week stuff. It didn't helped much. It advised to take a 30 minutes a day of walking which can helped to grow new brain cells aside from reduces the risk of most diseases. (Another Oh No....~!!! That's my problem. I didn't do enough exercise~!!! Not to mention 20 minutes, even a 5 minutes I am not doing any exercising.....A very BAD HABIT ~!!!)

  • Practice Gratitude. Making a list of things you're grateful for, you focus the brain on positive energy. It helped in stress reduction and spread some love. (Hmmm I didn't do that too. I always complaining things and never showed any gratitution....so I promised will be doing that now~ !!! hope so.....)

  • Drink red wine or eat grapes. I bet you also heard of this quite a lot. So I don't have to explain much on it. Lazy to type already. (Red wine and grapes are alright for me....I did consume once in a while ~)

  • Get the sugar out. The number one enemy of vitality, health and longevity is not fat, it's sugar. To the extent that you can remove it from your diet, you will adding years to your life and life to your years. (My goodness, I can't survived without sugar.....~!!!)

So there goes the list of 9 basic habits leading to a healthy lifestyle and a longer life. Basically, after my analysis, I guess my life won't be that long ...like living until 90 or 100 ++ years old ~(well, at least hope that I can live till I think is enough and full of life experiences with no sickness and still able to move around......AND able to see my grandchild or my grandchild's child....~ A greedy gal ~!!! See, I am still not showing any gratitude ~)

Anyway, this list may not be perfect but it's a start. It couldn't hurt you if you tried to cultivate those habits. It will benefit you, and some may make the difference between life and death. Whoa, sounds serious ~ Ya, it is serious when you are sick and start blaming there for not cultivated it earlier. I will tried to control but can't promise to follow all the 9 habits.....~!!!

No comments: