Friday, September 24, 2010

- Happy Mid-AutuMn FestiVal -

I know I know...the Mid-Autumn festival had already passed two days ago but still I want to do a blogging on this.


The 'Swan' is a symbol or landmark for Sibu town. Where did the authorities get the idea of this swan thingy?? Well, when they started to discuss of finding a landmark or symbol for Sibu, there came a flock of birds "migrated" to Sibu (I have no idea of what species of birds but their feathers are all in white and have a long legs, a bit bigger and looks similar to the swan~) . So that was how the authorities got the idea of landmarking Sibu as a 'Swan Town'. In Sibu, you'll see the Swan statues in the parks or at the tourism spots.




This year our authorities really did worked something for the town after the heat election in the mid of this year if you still can recalled. The lighting of lantern really did brighten this bored town. The whole streets were lighten by this colorful lanterns and I love the view. ^.^

People flocked to the Sibu Square just to view all these lighting lanterns. There was a small fun fair and exhibition to entertain the local communities. I was amazed to see lots of "professional" photographers, what I mean is only now I realized that even Sibu people or the youngsters and even uncles nowadays are so into this DSLR camera. Each of them was holding a DSLR and got big lens, small lens, tripod trying to capture the pictures, looks like a photography competition to me. I felt so "small" yet I am proud to hold my GF-1 as well because it makes me felt like a professional photographer. Lolz ~!!! At that moment, I really felt a bit regret for not buying Canon EOS550D but quickly brushed off the thought.


The picture above is the fresh fruit bunches (oil palm). It was made by one of the established Group in Sibu.


Have you ever see the Doraemon mooncake?? Well, neither did I. Very creative and looks cute if compared to those tradition mooncakes. Among all the mooncakes brand, I still prefer or only eat Baker's Cottage mooncake because they are innovative and each year they will come out with the new taste - to target the youngsters such as tiramisu, mocha or chocolate. But normally I will only taste a very small slice of mooncake as I don't really like to eat mooncake. Don't ask me why.



-Happy Mid-Autumn Festival-

No comments: