Saturday, July 17, 2010

-Day 2 in Taipei-


We have went to shop around at Taipei Main Metro Station. It was known as Taipei Underground Mall where it has rows of shops, a very big underground mall selling all kind of stuffs; clothes, food and some necessities. As expected, it was crowded. That was the main station for people to change their trains and routes. Just like our KL Sentral but the Taipei Main Metro Station was way too confusing with so many floors and exits. We have spent almost an hour to study the maps and looked for an exit to our next destination. So it was very complicated and even more complicated for people like me who didn't study Chinese. Although we spoke the same language, mandarin but the Taiwanese' mandarin is a bit different from us. The using of the words and pronunciation are different. So my dear has to translate for me most of the time. Even the shop assistants feel annoyed for repeating her words...~


We came across this Taiwan Storyland on our way to other place so we paid a visit to their storyland museum. It was decorated with all those 1940's till 1970's stuffs with a story-telling board to let us understand the life or living style back in 40's to 70's. Quite interesting to look at those things especially for us as a Generation Y.


Miramar Shopping Mall. What's so special about this mall?? First, because of its Ferris Wheel. Second, it has appeared in one of the Taiwanese Idol Drama, "Huan Huan Ai" (换换爱)-cast by Rainie Yang and Mike He. That's why I am so insisted of visiting there and I really want to have a ride on that Ferris Wheel. Okay, I was so scared when the coach we are sitting was getting higher and higher. My legs went numb and I didn't dare to move at all. Only then I realized that I might have a minor acrophobia - fear of heights. But due to my stubbornness, I still want to testify it whether I am really fear of heights.

No comments: