Friday, July 9, 2010

@ Brief perspective oN my Trip tO TaipEi@


I am back home from my short trip to Taipei, Taiwan on 4 July 2010 until 7 July 2010. Honestly, I was damn exhausted with all those long hours of flights and heavy luggage. It really make me scared of taking long hours flight anymore....Phew~!! My whole body still felt sore now especially my legs ~ !!! I think I need a week to recover.....

My first impression on my first day landing in Taipei, the weather was scorching hot. I understand that it was summer there and being told that their summer is very very hot, even worse than Malaysia. But I didn't believe it. I thought I can stand Malaysia's hot weather already so what's the big deal about their summer. Should be the same what~ .... It proved me wrong. Once I stepped out of the Taoyuan International airport, blown by the strong wind, I already started sweating there. You might be thinking that since there was a strong wind supposed to be cool, right?? WRONG!! The wind also hot and humid and dusty too. Once I reached the guesthouse-'BabyHome' apartment in Ximending (http://www.wretch.cc/blog/b31billy2008)- a very clean and nice room, I immediately rushed to take the shower. I can't stand the sticky and sweating body. But it was pointless because once stepped out of the air-conditioner apartment, I am sweating profusely again and it was freaking hot~!!! Guess the temperature on my first day in Taipei?? It was 38 degree~!!! Yes, you didn't read wrong...it's really 38 degree, damn hot~ So I highly stressed that to go on their spring, autumn or winter season as long as it's not summer....

By the time I reached my guesthouse, it was evening already so we did a quick survey and walk around in Ximending area. It was big and crowded with youngsters and tourists. Handsome guy and pretty gal, all dressed up well and gals with all those make up and fake lashes. But still looks pretty.

We went to shop around at Shilin Night Market. I thought it might be something different but well, it was like our night market as well except that they had variety of foods and good quality of clothes selling.

There were few things I like about Taiwan. First, the service staff were extremely polite. Each time you walked into the store, the staff would greet you non-stop such as Welcome and Thank you. Second, their 7-11 stores were really fantastic with variety of instant foods and bread to choose from. Third, the Taiwanese youngsters really have a good sense of fashion. They are trendy with their own style and fashion sense. So you won't look awkward or weird if you dressed up to your own style and walked on the street. Because it was a fashion what...~ Fourth, their food really really taste good, I mean some food depends on where or what you eat suited your taste buds.

What I didn't like about Taiwan >>>>> First, it was difficult to buy drinks, I mean, they didn't have much mineral water on selling and it was expensive for a bottle of mineral water. Second, it was very difficult to find a trash bin on the roads or pathway. Third, you can't throw the toilet paper into the toilet bowl or should I say flushed the toilet paper. Fourth, their driving and roads instruction were very confusing.

On the second day, we went to shop at Taipei Metro Mall. It was located under the Taipei Main Railways Station. Trust me, it was huge as well and confusing. There were too many routes lines and floors. Fortunately, I got him to bring me around or else I might get lost in there. Then we went to visit the Taiwan Storyland. It was like a museum. Nothing much actually, just some old items and old decorations to show the old times back in 50's, 60's or 70's.

We had went to Danshui, which took about 30 minutes ride on the railways. It was very far away but due to its as one of the main attraction in Taipei, we decided to pay a visit there. Nothing much there too except seeing those scenic beach view and fisherman's wharf. The wind was extremely strong there as it was located just right to the beach. I was nearly blown away....no kidding, really so strong that I can't stand still. All the hairs were messed up and we all looked like in a shit mess~!! Then we also went to visit Taipei 101, one of the main attraction too. It was such a long walk from the station. Really want to kill him for asking me to walk this far away and there was actually a shuttle bus~!!! It was a waste for us to stop at Taipei 101 as we couldn't went up to 91 floors and to the observatory floor due to the strong wind. So they closed for the moment.

Lastly but not least, we went to Wu Feng Pu to do some quick shopping. The clothes were cheap if you bought more. You can asked for discount too if you bought more. They were actually doing wholesale business instead of individual purchase. So they would requested you to buy more. It was a long walk too and so many clothes to see. That's really confused me as well. I can't focus on what I want to buy and see. So I ended up didn't bought a lot, only two to three pieces of clothes there. After that, we dropped by Raohe Night Market which just located next to Wu Feng Pu. Since it was hot and humid and I was already sweating profusely, I didn't have much mood to walk in Raohe anymore. Just a quick scan through and stay in at the air-conditioner stores. The scorching hot weather really spoiled my mood for shopping.

By the end of the days, I was extremely tired and didn't left much energy to walk anymore. I just want to go back to the air-conditioner room and take a shower, watching my tv there. I was getting tanned and gain weight when back home. Sigh, I need to start on diet again ~!!!

No comments: