Sunday, June 3, 2012

Our Story

Okay. Our story is not that amazing or fantasy or romance like those fairy tales love story or what you have seen in korean drama. It's just a simple story on how a boy meets a girl then we date and now yes, we are getting married. To hold each other's hand for the rest of our lives. A commitment. A responsibility.

I think I was mentally prepared for it. It is a path in my life that I need to walk through. That's what I kept chanting to myself. Yes, I can do it. Everyone can do it and why not? Right? We've been dating for ten years. From friends, lover and now a family. My other half.

U know what, we are actually met at the bus stop. Yes, you heard me right. A bus stop. Erm, is it a first sight love? I have no idea. To him, he says yes. For me, well, he did attracted me on the first sight. Then it took me a few months to have this kind of butterfly in my stomach and heart beats all that. We were staying in the same housing area. Waiting at the same bus stop. He said he's actually had been noticed me earlier, waiting or walking alone at times. He didn't dare to make a move until we are been introduced through a friend of mine whose happened to be his housemate. So finally we knew each other existence. From a nod, a smile, a simple 'hi' and to a small 'talk' whenever we bumped into each other.

One day, he has the courage to ask for my .... email address. Lolz. Is funny. Normally guys would ask for a handphone number. But he is too shy to ask for the handphone number as he didn't want to show his eagerness. That's what he told me after we started dating. First, we emailed then we started sms-ing till late night. These went on for a few months till both of us came back hometown for chinese new year break. Well, again, finally, he got the courage to ask me out for lunch. You know where the story leads to. Yes, we started dating since then. We went through every emotion. We argued. We fought. We were in a cold war. We kiss. We got back together. Happy memories, sad memories. In the end, we still stuck up with each other. I guess I couldn't get away from him in this lifetime. After 10 years of courtship, it cannot be denied that we have lost the passion and the romance is dead. Don't get me wrong. We still love each other. We still care for each other. Passion is still there but just not as great as the first time when we dated. No more butterfly in the stomach. No more heart beat. No more sweat palms. That's what they said, it had become a family love. Everyone is pushing us to get marry. They said it's the time for us to enter into the next chapter of life. To lit up the passion. Having a baby and all that would not bored the relationship. A soulmate.

Alright. Is that a bluffing? Those advices are from seniors and elders. So they knew better than I do. Okay, I agree that we have been really dating too long. Marriage is the only answer to our relationship. That's where our relationship go to or else where does it end, right? Yeah, the wedding bell rings~!! Great, cheers to my first and only love/man in my life. Good thing is I am also his first and only love in his life (unless he's cheating on me~).

I am just trying to be honest with my feeling. I am not acting like I am living in a fantasy land, marrying to a prince and lived happily ever after. I hope that I can be a good wife, a good daughter-in-law, and a good mum, in future. I hope that I can do well in those new role assigned to me. They are all new in my life. I have to learn to overcome my fear and do well enough as not to disappoint some people who look upon on me. (But I am still me, right? I can still be myself. I am an individual even if I am someone's wife.) Sigh. Fears. Marriage phobia. God, just guide me.  

No comments: