Paper Dome?? You must be wondering what the heck it is. Well, Paper Dome is actually a small church and it was made of a some sort of good quality 'paper' and wood. Lame explanation, I know. I didn't know what paper they were using and how they build up the church. Aiikkss, in a simple way of explanation, it was actually considered as a 'green' or environmental friendly church.
I heard that there are only two Paper Dome in the world. One in Japan and another one, of course, in Puli, Taiwan. Puli is near to Sun Moon Lake, approximately 20 - 35 minutes ride on bike. It was rebuild by Japanese in rememberance and after massive 921 earthquake. Sort of like that. I just heard a little bit here and there. From their description and talk, I realized that this 921 earthquake had very much left a big impact on the Taiwanese.
Alright, since we have an extra time in Sun Moon Lake, we decided to head down to Puli and visited this Paper Dome as introduced in the tourist guide. The entrance fee is NT100, however, you could spend this NT100 in their gift shop or cafe. The scenery is beautiful with a small garden. The pond is full with water lily. I like it to the max!

No comments:
Post a Comment