Wednesday, May 5, 2010

-Election Day-



I have been thinking about this question, "Why is it so important to be a voter?", for quite a period of time. As can read from the newspaper, the election day is just around the corner - 16th May 2010 for Sarawak. I have no idea about the other states. The news is still hot off the press. Everyone's talking about the politics issue, the politicians, the country, and the election. I saw one "heading" from the newspaper today, "Who's going to laugh till the end will be disclosed on 16 May 2010 at 10pm." Oh wow, a very catchy title~!!

No offences for the politicians neither do I want to be involve in the country's politics issues. All these are too dark for me. Anyway, I have been over the maturity age for quite a period of time and yes, proudly to announce that I am a registered voter (my mum has forced me to register although I still do not understand....so I am like what's the big deal anyway to register, huh?!). Well, "proudly" to announce that I am a registered voter because not many youngsters today are registered and I did. Lol. However, I am still not a voter. I haven't give out my "first" time. Who's going to be my first??? Drum roooolllsssss........ ~ No, it's not the time yet.

Reason? Very simple. First, I did not understand the politics world. Second, I did not know who the heck are those politicians. To me, they are all campaigning for "money" because their house are getting bigger and bigger each year while the citizen still remains as poor as we are and the town still remain un-developed over years. Just for one simple case - my town's Library. I am a devoted library-goer since kid. I spend most of my time in the library during my school years. Now I have graduated from my uni and working for 3-4 years already and yet, the library still remain the same. I have changed and the library still remain the old library with the same old books. I thought the library books supposed to be updated but to my great disappointment, it is not.....I still see the same old books standing on the rack since 20 years ago. 20 years~!!!! In my opinion, they are giving an empty promise. And my another opinion is less my one vote won't do them any harm also. So why vote? To be a responsible citizen??? Are they a responsible minister??

Hmmm as a 21st century youngster, we do not understand or view the election as a very important thing in our life if compared with those elder. From the elders' story-telling, they really viewed the election as an important day. I mean, real important till some old man still applying for myKad in order to give their VOTE. The senior will discussed and analysed the overall situation and politicians there. Maybe because in those old days, the election was really important in order to bring peace and development to the country - that's why there's an independent day and the next generation have the chance to enjoy all this development and facilities. Yet, today's world of politics are different from those old days. It was all polluted.


So have you registered? Have you vote? Vote for the future ~ !!!

No comments: