Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Li-Bra-Ry Cafe, Bangkok

It's October! It means my wedding day is approaching and ya, I am starting to get nervous, panic, excite, worry and whatsoever, you named it. 


I am back from my Bangkok trip! The trip was tiring with all the walking and lugging the heavy bags. Our main transportation in Bangkok is BTS. It was really convenient if you do not mind the walking and squeezing during the peak hours. The dusty air, heavy traffic and hot weather in Bangkok are notable so I did not have to explain further on that. Then it rains almost every evening, spoiling my mood as I really hate to get my legs wet. Apart from that, Bangkok is the paradise for shoppers and food lover. Their massage and spa packages are surprisingly good but it all depends on which spa shops you are going. 

Their food and clothes are extremely cheap. You could get a nice cloth with good quality at 100 - 500 baht and the food served at their food courts only cost around 30 - 50 baht. Can you believe it? And guess what, although it is cheap, the food surprisingly taste good too! Look at the price at our Malaysia's food court! Tsk tsk tsk.....I would rather dining at the restaurant/cafe since the price is almost the same. 

Back to the topic, I came across this nice, comfortable ambiance cafe from someone's blog. It is called Li-Bra-Ry Cafe and it's not Library, should be pronounced as Li-Bra-Ry. It's located at Sukhumvit 24. Get off at BTS Phrom Phong. This area was mostly occupied by the Japanese. It was like a small Japan. Every shop/cafe are written in Japanese or owned by Japanese. 

The menu is quite simple with a limited choice but it served a good, tasty food. The ambiance is so comfortable that you won't feel weird or awkward sitting alone there to sip your coffee or grab your bite. It is one of my dream to open this kind of cafe, especially for those alone as I myself is alone most of the times and always search for a cafe where I could grab a bite or spend the time ALONE without drawing any curious eyes.



We were lost and kept walking for approximately 1 hour just to search for this cafe. We went to the opposite direction! We kept searching along Sukhumvit 24/1 and then walked till Sukhumvit 36 and going back again. I was quite irritated with the sweating and soreness so I told my dear that I was giving up and let us went to other place instead. His determination had finally found us the cafe and we realized that we had been wasting our energy and time searching on the wrong direction. So we had a small argument on blaming games! There was another lane called Sukhumvit 24, without 1 at the back. The road lane and signboard in Bangkok is so confusing! You have to walk past Emporium and Asia's Herb Association before you saw their small signboard tagged on the lamp post. Then turn right and there you are! A small, white building awaiting for your coffee break.





We were having our brunch there so we ordered the club sandwich, macadamia cake and their Li-Bra-Ry waffle which is very unique. Delicious! Thumbs up! The price was quite reasonable. The total bill came out to be 590 baht for two of us. A bit expensive for our brunch! So we skipped our heavy lunch meal. We were budget traveler.







Anyway, it is worth a visit if you happen to stay somewhere around BTS Phrom Phong or you have time for it and would like to have a brunch or coffee break

No comments: