August is coming to an end and entering the
new month, September. My favourite month because my birthday fall on this month
and it is autumn (ok, Malaysia doesn’t
have four season but still it is autumn season in other countries~).
Nervous, nervous….till I had a nightmare on
my wedding details lately. I dreamt about my friends coming to my wedding
reception and worse, the reception was not confirmed. Everything was in disaster!
Then I panicked and kept thinking on how to save my wedding ….. and I woke up!
The moment I opened my eyes and realized that it was just a bad dream, I felt
so relieved. Phewww~. While comforting myself, I tried to have a wink of sleep
for few minutes before getting my butt off the bed for work.
It was not a surprise that I would have such
dream because I was such a fussy-pot. Too concerned and worry of every little
unimportant details. I have been counting the days to my wedding every morning
and every night. When it comes nearer each day, I panicked. A friend said to me, “Keep calm and you
better don’t be a runaway bride!” Can I? I have to get out of my comfort
zone. It’ll be a new life with a new family. Hope I can adapt to the new life
and new environment.
Now I was busy working on the guest list. I
took care of my colleagues and friends list while the relatives was taken care
by my parents. Try to minimize the cost and kept everything within our budget
but after calculated, it had exceed the budget. When I thought of saving the
money, I was actually spending more on it. #%*@&@!#*&. I changed my
mind and decided to spend some $$$ on invitation card printing because the
hotel’s free invitation card really looks fugly and simple, without an envelope
(actually I don’t mind because people
will just throw away the card when they did the spring cleaning). BUT due
to my job position and avoid being the target of office grapevine, the
invitation card plays an important role too…..a representation of me, my
soon-to-be-hubby and our families. The card doesn’t have to be expensive and splendid
as long as it is pretty, decent and keep people’s mouth shut from complaining
on that little card thing.
I have not decided on the banquet decoration
yet. Really need to find a time to discuss with the potential
florist/decorator, see whether could meet my needs. There was such a limited
choice in this small town and they charged quite costly for a good one
(florist, wedding planner, photographer, MC, performer, and sound
system/lighting etc). Damn~. It makes me want to venture into wedding business
as well. Too bad that I did not have any skill on any of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment