Monday, July 18, 2011

-Safe Haven-

I was a big fan of Nicholas Sparks's novel. I love all of his collection. He has a well founded reputation for being able to craft romantic stories that touch people's hearts. Most of his novels made me hard to put down.

Recently, I had finish reading one of his novel, 'Safe Haven' in a 5 hours time during my flight to Taiwan. This book totally engrossed me from the first page to the last. A gripping tale of love and survival. Safe haven was actually talking about a mysterious 27 years old girl named Katie appeared in a small town and avoided forming any personal ties with people. Her sudden arrival to town raised questions about her past. Her mysterious personality and beauty also caught an attention of a single father, Alex who lost his wife 3 years ago. Then gradually, Katie began to let down her guard and fell in love Alex. However, her dark secrets still haunted her. She was actually running away from her abusive husband.

As written by Nicholas Sparks, love hurts. But in order to learn to love again, you must learn to trust again. In the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.

I was so deeply engaged on the story till when I looked at my dear, I was kinda terrified that he would abused me in the future or afraid of the psycho cum control freak 'man'. I had to keep telling myself to jump out from the story and that it was only a fiction. There's a split second I couldn't differentiate between the fiction and reality. Not so serious, just a temporary mixed up feelings!

Anyway, 'Safe Haven' was really a good read and highly recommended. Not only Safe Haven, but all of Nicholas Sparks' novels are a riveting page-turner. To name a few of his famous masterwork of art - The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, A Walk To Remember, The Last Song and Dear John. The ending of his novels alway put tears in my eyes. Well, mostly you will be surprised with his ending. There's a twist and turn that pulls everything together and makes you glad you read his novels.

No comments: