Saturday, July 23, 2011

-A Funeral-

A funeral. Everyone doesn't like the funeral because when there's a funeral meaning there's people dying. This is the life cycle that everyone has to go through, isn't it? I didn't like it. I couldn't accept the death.

I just finished attending the a funeral yesterday. A funeral that I had to participate in the whole process. Wait, the funeral was not someone from my side! It was actually my 'legally' husband's grandpa who passed away at the age of 91.

Anyway, since I was his 'legally' wife so I had to attend the funeral and my name was stated in the obituary as well. There's a lot of things and questions whirling in my head till I couldn't think. I was kinda confused and my feelings were all mixed up. See, I was kinda slow in receiving things that happened too fast. So it was hard for me to accept. Not only the death but also my presence at the funeral and to go through the whole process.

The funeral was a whole new experience for me, aside from my grandfather's funeral where I was still a kid with not much memories of it. I realized I was getting mature again. And I should give myself a good pat on the back as I was kinda shocked with myself for being tough and brave enough to face it and finally, to attend the funeral with open heart even though I was so struggling in the beginning. After all, I had to pay the respect to his grandpa although I didn't know him. The funeral was not as scary as I thought. I also understand that in the future, there're some funeral I shall attend as well and it made me felt depressed by thinking of it.

There's an old tradition of Chinese saying that when someone was passing away in the family, you either get marry within 100 days or after 3 years. Now here comes another problem. To get marry within 100 days is too rush and we are not prepared for it yet. Then only left one choice, need to wait for 3 years again. Guess that I was destined to wait and get marry at an old age!


-May his grandpa rest in peace-

No comments: