Thursday, June 30, 2011

-Green Lantern-

I hate to admit but yeah, I was going after Ryan Reynolds. But I did pay to watch his flaunting muscular and nicely work out body. lOlz...He's a real hunky!

Okay, stopped drooling over the man's body. Green Lantern was another typical super hero movie except that this green lantern was not a blockbuster movie like other manga stories e.g. spiderman, ironman or superman. But it was not that bad as commented by most people. The storyline, well, as expected was another super hero tried to save the world from a bad ass villain. His green power was amazingly cool. But his green hero suit was kinda 'sissy', don't you think so? Especially the mask. Eeewww~

I just found it weird to have those alien from other planets and the ET-look guardians. Hmmm I neither read its comic nor heard of green lantern so totally had no idea about the whole story of this green lantern superhero. I expected it to be something like spiderman, ironman, superman or the hulk kinda story. I was like pondering what the hell is this movie about when those aliens and ET-look guardians appeared. The big smoke ET/Octopus-look villain, not to mention, too easy to get annihilated and not scary enough. What scared me was the human ET-look bad ass villain. Man, he looked like a real psycho! He played his evil psycho role quite well as it did successfully send a chill down my spine. I believed not only me but to most of the girls. Even my cousin shrieked in the cinema! lOlz...no kidding.

Another credit went to Blake Lively. She is a lovely girl however the chemistry between her and Ryan was weak. No sparkles or very very romance till it touched our heart. After all, green lantern was not about romance so forget the part. Overall, I would give 3/5 star to this film for its CGI and the film was quite entertaining. It's not that boring but if you were expecting more from this film then you'll going to be disappoint. So don't!

1 comment:

nothingmuchdave said...

yeah you have a point here... the chemistry between ryan and blake is just terrible...