Monday, September 12, 2011

- Happy Mooncake Festival!!-

Happy MoonCake festival!

My mum always says that I was born after mooncake festival because I was greedy. Must eat the mooncake first before willing to come out to greet the world. So mooncake always remind me that my birthday is just around the corner. I love September. Mostly because it was my born month and it happened to fall on autumn. That’s why I love autumn more than any other seasons. Here I go again, rambling on some unrelated issue.

It has been years I didn’t go for the lantern walk which I did with my cousins when we were kids. We were so excited and having so much fun that time. But now, maybe all of us have grown up and all of these become meaningless. And so did our parents. Pity our young cousins and my niece because they didn’t enjoy the fun that we had last time. There is a huge age gap between us. You see, the kids nowadays really totally different from us. Last time, we played marbles, car toys, mud war, hide and seek, catch a thief, cycling, and sleepover at grandmother’s house. Now, the kids are playing iphone, pc games, facebook-ing, PS3, and everything is tech-related. A spoiled brat! Wait, where am I rambling again~! Anyway, I really missed those days when we were kids having so much fun with no worries. Somehow I felt grateful to be born in that less technology world as I had a chance to experience and have such a great childhood memory.

I didn’t like to eat mooncake. That is because I dislike eating the yolk and red bean paste. The only mooncake brand I like is Baker’s Cottage. I personally think that their mooncake is innovative and meet the 21st century consumer’s demand. Each year they came up with a new flavor such as Mocha, Cheese Oreo, Chocolate, Tiramisu, Green Tea and etc which targeted the youngsters. Quite successful because it has attracted me who dislike the mooncake, would buy and try their new flavor. It costed me a fortune as well buying their mooncake. The price is getting 'prettier' each year. Hmph. In another few years, I think I can’t afford to buy their mooncake anymore.

No comments: