I have abandoned my blog for a year. More than a year, I think. Really lazy to update and squeeze my brain to write. I read back my previous blogs and felt glad that I have jotted down some moments/experience here for me to recall. So I decided to pen down my thoughts on how my life has changed after becoming a Mom.
First, I would like to say that I love to play the 'mom' role and very grateful for the God's Gift. Thanks to my son for giving me a chance to be his mom and him to be my son. I love you, my dear son! We love you.
However, one thing I realized that after being a mom is that it is not an easy job! No play play. It took up a lot of my time, basically most of my time and it carries a huge responsibility. I am always worry for his safety. Worry that he is getting sick and all that. Guess I have to worry him till the day I am gone. So now I understand and appreciated my mom even more. Thank you, mommy! You have not being easy too. Some more taking care of 4 children at your times. I am taking care of 1 child is enough to break my back bones. Okay, here are what the changes after becoming a mom myself, apart from no more "me" time.
HUSBAND AND WIFE ROLE
Guiltily to say that I have abandoned my role as a wife as I have contributed 24 hrs of my time to my baby and I have totally forget to take care of my hubby. I thought to myself that as time goes by, I could tackle this issue but no, till now I still don't have enough time.
There's no more lovey dovey couple time for us to do couple stuff like candle lit dinner, watching movies (What movie is on the show now??), holding hands, telling each other our days and bla bla bla. Now our main topic is baby. Dinner? Sometimes one of us has to eat first and another one carrying the baby as Baby J neither won't sit still in his baby chair nor he will make a lot of fuss/noise. He has a bad habit of throwing things onto the floor and asked you to pick up then he throws again. =.= Have try to educate him on this but well, he seems like not listening to his mommy.
We have becoming an "old husband old wife". Hubby also care less on me. Both of us are busy. He is busy with his work and I busy with baby and my work too.
MYSELF
Before that, I didn't understand why a woman doesn't have time for herself and take care of her looks, gradually become a "yellow faced woman". Now I understand as I myself becoming one. Again, we really did not have time to go pampering ourselves, let it be a facial wash, body massage, manicure, or shopping. Dress up? I rather choose a comfort big loose tees as it is more comfortable, convenient and easy to carry baby (wiggling and pulling my clothes) and for nursing. You won't see any fashion accessories on me now. I admired those mommies who still have time to make up and wore pretty clothes and high heels. I wonder how they manage their time so efficiently while taking care of baby.
No more "me" time. Even baby goes to sleep or taking his nap, I have to do the house chores and then when baby woke up, I have to repeat the whole process of mom's job. There goes my time. By the end of the day, I have collapsed into deep sleep together with baby. When I woke up, it is morning already. So now, I try to make myself stayed awake at night while nursing and putting baby to sleep so that at least I could have 2-3 hours of "me" time to watch K-drama, surfing on the net or doing some personal work.
I don't looked like myself anymore. Now when I mirrored myself, I saw a "mom". Saggy boobs, dark circles, messy hairs, baggy tees and pants, and where is my waist line??!! I looked tired and sometimes very moody. Hot tempered, less patience and very emotional. Often I lost my temper and patience on hubby and Baby J.
I don't read newspapers anymore as those bad news easily affected me. I was deeply saddened over the news on child abuse, child lost, child kidnap and child death - anything related to baby and child news. Blame it on mommy's hormones. I know I have reached the max and need to take a rest to relax myself but who takes care of my baby? I have to apply leave in order to go for a body massage.
Everyday I have to rush here and there. Rush in shower and toilet time. Rush to work, rush to drop off and pick up baby at nanny. Rush for a short groceries shopping. Rushing with my time. So for me, year 2015 past very fast. Just a blink of eye, it is already past a year and Baby J is 1 year old.
No more holiday trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment